Dear friend! Welcome to our homepage!
Let us introduce our nonprofit
Who we are,
and what are our main tasks?
The CIVITALIS ASSOCIATION is a voluntary association established in
1996 in order to develop and strengthen relationships, co-operation and
exchange of information between the young experts and researchers dealing
with social research.
Our task is to promote the work of Hungarian civil organizations and
to gather, process and disseminate research results and information on
the nonprofit sector.
Our objectives are:
- to take part in Hungarian as well as in comparative international
- to promote and process the publication of different research
and survey results,
- to organize and run training projects helping the social research,
- to develop recommendations and give advice and assistance to
public and private bodies dealing with social issues.
- to build and widen international connections with relevant
works, activities, and plans:
- Since 1996 we have been taking part in the Johns
Hopkins University comparative international research project,
which aims to come out with a comprehensive and comparative analysis of
the nonprofit sector including both developed and developing countries.
- We contributed to the publication of The Survey of the Hungarian
Nonprofit Sector, the information handbook of the CIVICUS world conference
held in 1997 in Budapest, Hungary.
- We give lectures and presentations on issues concerning the nonprofit
- We intend to present continuously the most recent findings on the
Hungarian nonprofit sector, and we will continuously update our homepage
with new links and with other relevant information.
you contact us?
Address: Civitalis Egyesület 1053 Budapest Veres Pálné
u. 30. IV/2.
Bank account: OTP 111702036-20646697
regulations concerning the Hungarian nonprofit organizations:
(Hungarian version only)
for nonprofit organizations
If you wish to search for information on nonprofit organizations on
the Internet, type nonprofit or
NGO or charity.
You might look for specific nonprofit organizations by typing their names
with an ".org " extension as well.
Two quite good browers: the AltaVizsla
(Hungarian) and the AltaVista
We would like to present some of the most recent findings
on the Hungarian Nonprofit Sector.
The Hungarian Nonprofit Sector
Source: Central Statistical Office survey
Foundation, Public Foundation
Other nonprofit organizations with partnership
|Number of organizations
|Number of volunteers
|Total income (HUF)
|Income coming from tenders (HUF)
|Direct financial support (HUF)
our most active members?
(they are worth contacting)
For further information, please contact us. Click
The Internet using of our Association is provided by the Soros
Last updated: 24th of December 1998
Made by János Bocz